Cannot change the colors of Windows

Solved/Closed
dv9700pav Posts 10 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Updated on Jan 13, 2019 at 02:02 AM
 ed - Apr 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM
Hi,

I am not able to change the colors of Windows. I tried this step to do it: Personalization > Window Color and Appearance. But, I am not able to make changes because I disabled something couple of months ago.

I cannot change the colors of Windows, Start Menu, transparency, color mixer and color intensity. However, I can change the color schemes. But, it doesn't change anything either.

Can anybody please help me?
System Configuration: Windows XP Opera 9.62
Related:

3 responses

cluelessgeek Posts 15 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 11
Updated on Jan 13, 2019 at 02:55 AM
Hello,

I had the same problem too and I solved it! Try these steps:
  • Start
  • Search msconfig
  • Right click
  • Click Run As Administrator
  • Services Tab
  • Scroll down and make sure a checkbox is ticked next to Themes and Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
  • Then click on Start again
  • Search services
  • Open Services result
  • Scroll down and make sure Themes and Desktop Window Manager Session Manager are started. If they are not, right click > Start.
  • If they are disabled, right click, select Properties > startup Type set to Automatic then start them.

Do this for both. I hope, it will help!
i cant cange it to aero I go to aero select it hit apply ok and it stays on basic plz help
what is that "ticked" all about? can you use another term for that 'cause I can't understand it.
make sure the box is checked
that is what "ticked" means
i did almost the same thing and it helped ALOT, but I did a few steps differently. All of mine were already started, so in the services, I left clicked on the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and Restarted it and it immediately changed my theme back to transparent, windows vista aero.
If you see the Windows Aero theme to select, click that. If you don't see it:

1. Click on Windows Vista Basic and hit effects.
2. In the first drop-down list, click Standard.
3. Click OK.
4. Close it.
5. Open it again.
6. It should come up with a theme called Windows Aero. Click on it and hit OK.
7. Enjoy!

trae329
THANKS =D U Solved my problem, Genius ^^
yeah thank! really helped!