Ask a question Report

Acer Aspire 5570 won't start up!!! [Solved/Closed]

BabyGirl84 - Latest answer on Nov 6, 2012 09:31PM
Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 5570 -2067 model laptop.The problem is, it won't turn on. When I first plug it up to the charger the light is orange letting me know it needs to be charged , so i let it charge up . Then it turns green to let me know its charged. BUT , when i press the "power" button nothing comes on. It literally don't start up!Now , every now and then it will come on when i press the power button. n It stays on but once I turn it off...no telling when its going to come back on. Can someone PLZ help me?:(
Now ,I've Already try Removing the battery and draining the power method. I even took my whole laptop apart to find the CMOS battery n dis and re-connected it just in-case it may be stuck in hibernation mode. Which after doing that it came back on after pressing and holding the power buttom a couple of times. But when soon as i turned it off , that was it .LoL .So now what to do ? New power switch or what...?
Read more 
Answer
+13
moins plus
No, I had the same problem - just tap three times on the bottom of the unit (over the fan housing), plug it in, and it will start up. I didn't believe it either, but it WORKS!

Tao- Nov 6, 2012 09:31PM
I have no idea how this works, but it did. I detatched the power cable and took out the battery. Tap 3 (well about 6 times) around bottom of the unit. Put the battery back in, connected the cable. Switched it on.......started up perfectly !!!!!!!

Thanks Maria !!!!!
Answer
+2
moins plus
Actually all it needed was a new power button that i've already replaced now. So I've solved the problem and it works excellent ! But thank you anyway.!!!:D TC n Happy New Yearz!

Answer
+0
moins plus
It could be a problem with the power circuit within the motherboard. At this point I think it's time for factory service.

Good Luck

This document entitled « Acer Aspire 5570 won't start up!!! » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.