<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. missing

Closed
Joseph - Nov 30, 2010 at 03:40 PM
 shedrick - Mar 11, 2016 at 06:49 PM
Hello
I tried to install a new copy of XP Home SPII on my Compaq Mini 110c-1110SA. I have been running the SP III on my system successfully for several months with no problems until my system was attacked by a virus and I used system restore and since then my Roxio Instant Restore has been asking for Hello,
'BOT.MSI'

I am attempted a normal CD install using an external USB DVD drive. I Just bought the DVD Drive...It works on my friends laptop and mine other laptop very well..
When I attempt to install XP, all of the initial files are loaded, and then the message "starting Windows" comes up. Then everything aborts with a blue screen that says windows has been shut down, and if it's the first time this error message has come up, restart the computer, otherwise check for viruses, remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers, check your hard drive to make sure it's properly configured and terminated, run CHKDSK /F and restart.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000Bb (0xF7A22524, 0xC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000

Which is not real helpful...?
This has happened with two separate XP SPII disks, both one that came with my old Compaq laptop, and with a brand new OEM version of XP Home SPII that I bought this afternoon. I get the BSOD before Windows starts, so I have not had any opportunity to eliminate partitions, etc.

Please Help Me I would be expecting your reply as soon as possible..
Related:

1 response

Daina Peter Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday December 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2010 1
Dec 1, 2010 at 06:44 AM
Discussed below are some points that will help fix system32 file issues in your system:

* Remove active threats
* Use system file checker
* Repair install or reinstall

Remove active threats
The active threats in your computer like viruses, malware, spyware etc. can result in system32 file issues in the installed Windows operating system. This is because such threat types tend to temporarily modify or infect the files in the system32 folder causing the error console in the OS to display system32 file errors. Running a thorough scan of all the files in the system hard disk using suitable threat removal tools offering comprehensive protection against multiple threat types will help remove all threats and neutralize active infections in your system.

Use system file checker
The system file checker is a command line utility in the Windows OS that scans for and attempts to fix the errors in the system 32 files folder. Running a system file scan using the file checker utility after inserting the original Windows 7installation disk will enable the utility to scan for and replace corrupted or infected files in the system 32 folder with their original ones that are on the installation disk.

Repair install or reinstall
In some cases the issues or active threats in your computer will damage or permanently remove the files in the system 32 folder of Windows which causes normal system file recovery options to fail. In such cases it is advised to go for a repair install or complete reinstall of the Windows OS to effectively solve all the issues with the system 32 files in your computer. The repair, install or reinstall can be done using the original Windows installation disk containing the same build version of the currently installed OS.
Ayk1zoe66 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2015
Dec 3, 2015 at 06:32 AM
Thank you for your feed back I hope it works
Ayk1zoe66 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2015
Dec 3, 2015 at 06:48 AM
U don't have a copy of system 32. How can I download one for free. An my screen us black an stuck on boot
shedrick > Ayk1zoe66 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2015
Mar 11, 2016 at 06:49 PM
how can downloal it for free.