Compaq presario 5000 series

Closed
mumzies6 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2010 - Dec 7, 2010 at 07:48 PM
 Fred760 - Dec 13, 2010 at 05:16 PM
Hello,

I have recently acquired a used compaq presario desktop 5000 series...please i dont have no serial number on the darn thing if anyone can help me with the problem and need it. anyways after hooking it all up i turned it on and the for some reason beyond my manual readinbg knowledge the monitor once its turned on turns itself straightway onto some sort of sleep mode that i cant get it out of...i have even changed the monitor but same thing happened a blank screen and monitors led status goes from green to amber colour...if anyone who possible can hhelp me would be much appreciated...cheers

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 7, 2010 at 08:33 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in such problems.

Good Luck.
If the OS is Win2k some hardware was changed and the system will not boot .
Try booting it from some other source than the HD (C:\). You may have to F! to get to the bios and enter the boot sequence section.
I believe this was an attempt to make win2k PCs less attractive to thieves, in situations where there were many PCs, like class rooms.
You may have to reinstall the OS.