Random turn offs, BSoDs and shut down refusal

Solved/Closed
misterdotjay - Dec 11, 2010 at 03:10 PM
 chinab2cc1 - Feb 24, 2011 at 09:06 PM
Hello,
Have a desktop computer, have no idea what it is and have random problems. Sometimes it will turn off as in the way id does when it loses power. Other times it will display BSoD 0x0000008e but not give a file to fault. Today I tole it to shut down and came back to it three hours later and had an end now window for something called "card reader lookup window" which i am absolutely clueless about and another classic mode theme error saying something about standby.something not being able to initalise as the wildows station is shutting down which i do not understand as I told it to shut down, not go into standby. Can anyone help?

5 responses

cbqfly Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2010 3
Dec 11, 2010 at 04:43 PM
if it has a countdown before it starts shutting down then it probably has something to do with the rpc (remote procedural call) if that's the case then if you type servcies.msc in the run on the start menu then scroll down to remote procedural call and right click go to properties and there should be a couple of drop down boxes and instead of restart i think there is an option for do nothing which is what you'll want to select but that all in itself has nothing to do with bsod. should not cause any bsods in any way to my knowledge.

it's possible you've got an over heating issue with your cpu. possible over heating protection causing it to shut down and possible for it to cause bsods as well.

hope this helps.
Thanks, Il look into it
jwblobman Posts 15 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2013
Feb 24, 2011 at 03:14 PM
The shutdown refusal and blue screens of death have stopped but the turn offs are becoming more frequent. I will download speedfan and post the results
jwblobman Posts 15 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2013
Feb 24, 2011 at 03:15 PM
Just so you know this was my post from before i got an account

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
thnak you !!!