Ask a question Report

Laptop screen is too magnified [Solved/Closed]

no nothing on computers - Latest answer on Nov 2, 2012 02:11PM
every time i let my daughter play on my computer, the screen ends up being magnified. i don't know how to get the sreen back to normal. can you help me?
Read more 

moins plus
In Vista go to START - CONTROL PANEL - APPEARANCE AND PERSONALIZATION and click on "Adjust screen resolution" then use the slider bar to set the resolution to the default (best resolution) for your laptop. When it's too big it might be set to 640x480 - you can just pull the slider over to the far right ("High").

I hope this helps.

kassy- May 1, 2010 01:14PM
thank you so much is was bugging and i could figure out how to fix
Cole- Jun 9, 2010 09:19AM
woot! thanks, i was about to freak out :)
beny- Jul 21, 2010 01:29PM
mine is still not fixed :| Jul 25, 2010 12:19AM
mine not fixed either!! even my icons r huge!!! my background too!! AHHHHHHH!!!!
kiiller- Nov 2, 2012 02:11PM
take the scroll pad put right finger on top right corner and left finger on bottom left corner and drag both hands to middle
moins plus
Go to your main screen then just right click, select properties, then go into settings and drag the screen resolution bar to the more side and select ok and hit yes when the little box comes up.

moins plus
how do i make my print to normal size

ananumous- Apr 14, 2010 01:27PM
go search on windows : font .. i think :/ not sure
question asker- Jun 14, 2010 12:05PM
i have the same problem, but when I tryed your solution, I found that it was already at the highest grafics thing, but its still to magnified, please give me an answer :S
xpcman 13255Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus November 27, 2015 Last seen - Jun 14, 2010 12:16PM
some laptops like Sony have a magnification hot key (one of the function keys) normally pressing that key for a second time will cancel the magnification.
Kasie- Aug 2, 2010 10:15PM
I thought the same thing when I went to fix mine. Mine was just under "Personalization".
moins plus
Can't use ALT space bar to make the screen smaller can't see the top of the bar

harry19- Jul 23, 2010 07:53PM
if its the bar on your internet push F11
This document entitled « laptop screen is too magnified » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.