Can't open raw file

Solved/Closed
click89 - Dec 16, 2010 at 08:03 PM
 erikalynnphotos - Feb 1, 2011 at 09:03 PM
Hello,

im using canon EOS 1000D and i can't open the raw file in cs3,

is the solution equivalent with those steps dat i found below?

Here's a direct link to Camera Raw 4.4.1:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/..._Raw_4_4_1.zip

Basically, you just unzip it and copy camera raw.8bi to the correct folder. Here are the instructions for CS3 under Windows:

After downloading a ".zip" file, use the operating system or a utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to access the file's contents.
To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:

1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C.
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Note: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

Important: Purging the Central Cache deletes cached thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files (for example, files on a CD or locked files) or file formats that don't have XMP support.

*copied from http://forums.steves-digicams.com/editors-photoshop-etc/140477-cs3-opening-raw-files-canon-40d.html

thanx!
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Hello!
Here is all plugins according to your version of photoshop, or you can follow this steps.
erikalynnphotos
Feb 1, 2011 at 09:03 PM
Hello, I've downloaded the right plug-in for photoshop CS3 and followed everything the instructions listed from adobe.com.

But even after checking other forums stating similar problems - all with the same answers instructing the same thing - I STILL can't open a RAW NEF image on photoshop.

I have a Nikon D5000 and photoshop CS3, please help!