Toshiba L300D - system recovery/BSOD ?

Solved/Closed
eunsom - Dec 21, 2010 at 02:15 AM
1010Help Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2013 - Aug 16, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Hello,

Long story short; my Toshiba L300D laptop is screwed. Whenever I try to log into it normally, the desktop will show up for a second then the blue screen of death will appear.

The Stop Error Code is usually always different whenever it does this. Sometimes it will be 0x000000D3 or 0x0000000A & so on.

I tried EVERYTHING, literally.
- used compressed air to remove all the dust in the hard drive/fan.
- used RegisteryFix.
- downloaded the Windows Vista Recovery Disk, only to find out that it doesn't help. I don't have a System Restore point, I don't have a backup CD/external drive, etcc. Tried allll of the options on that thing.
- used CCleaner.
- used Perfect Optimizer (only to find out I had to pay!)
- tried Last Known Good Configuration.

Now, I'm left with System Recovery, which is DELETING EVERYTHING AND STARTING NEW. But one problem, I can't. I've tried the pressing 0 while starting, I've tried to make a Toshiba Recovery Disk, and I tried to Repair Computer on Advanced Boot Options.

Someone PLEASE help me! Either with fixing the BSOD or getting my laptop to system recover.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 21, 2010 at 07:22 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select "Safe Mode"

Click on Start --> Run --> Type msconfig and click OK

[If you are using Windows Vista or 7 then

Click on Start --> In search box, type msconfig and press Enter]

System Configuration Utility will be opened.

Click on "Services" tab, select the option "Hide all Microsoft services"(you can find

this option at bottom)-->then click on "Disable All" button.

Click on "Startup" tab and click on "Disable All" button.

then click on OK, now try to boot in normal mode.

Later enable your disabled serivces and startup items one by one and restarting

your laptop.

Good Luck
Thank you man, you are my HERO ;)
thanks, it worked. but will it work the same with the battery in?
I can't find the start button! Lol
absolutley awesome, Yay I have my computer back. thankyou sooo much.
my toshiba satellite does not boot to safe mode. pls what can I do?
okay, so I have done all the stuff listed.
and I was wondering.. after you finish disabling everything, and restart it,
& then boot it in normal mode, what then? will it stop showing me the blue screens? or would I be able to do a total system recover?
i didn't workk.. I got a blue screen once I tried booting from normal mode.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 22, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot.
2) If you have installed any newly driver or software uninstall it from the safe mode.
3) Go to safe mode again --> Open "My Computer" --> Right click on your OS drive-->properties--> Click on "Tools" tab ---> Click on "Check Now" button and select the two options---> click on "Start".
Good Luck
what's a RAM and how do you remove it? or where is it located?
sorry, i'm NOT a techhie at all whatsoever. ):
okayy.. so I managed to remove the memory card and did everything you said
but now I can't evven get onto safe mode? it just shows all the files that are being loaded
but never moves on to the start up screen...
Dec 23, 2010 at 04:47 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Wait for the completion of that process. If the problem still exists then try safe mode with command prompt. Let me know if you got successfully booted into safe mode with command prompt.
Good Luck