Lenovo Laptop keys doing the wrong things! [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question DX - Last answered on Aug 1, 2017 at 01:26 PM by justaguy
Hello,

Need a little bit of assistance with my Lenovo laptop! The number keys (and that whole row of keys) don't appear to be functioning properly. Instead of typing numbers, they either perform an action such as close the window I'm on, or will type random letters/numbers/symbols. eg the number key "6" types out "hy6j7n". All the keys in that row, uncluding the backspace key do not function properly.

The computer was previously Czech (Windows 7's system language) but have changed everything to UK including adding the English language and changing region/keyboard/etc. This seems to be a software issue as far as I can see.

I can't figure this out and its driving me crazy!

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
See more 
Helpful
+35
plus moins
if you attached any external keybord in past, and "num lock" key is active,
so that why its not working proper, attach again keyboard and disable "num lock"
it will done
jimgee- Oct 24, 2014 at 05:01 AM
I got on to this by accident while looking for an answer to the same problem. Two minutes and I am back to normal! Thank you very much whoever you are
Ajit- Nov 8, 2014 at 07:35 AM
Thanks Amit ji, it is working fine now.
Regds,
Ajit Rajesh
Advocate
Aitzaz- Nov 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Thanks Amit.. It is working now..
bheemy- Feb 22, 2015 at 06:20 AM
Been searching for the solution of this problem.. Thanks alot for sharing it!!
Cheers :)
justaguy- Aug 1, 2017 at 01:26 PM
shit is real. he is the hero that we deserve
Helpful
+34
plus moins
Hi.
I have resolved this issue now. It was because of our base image. It was a registry key whcih was casuing the issue. This could be the same for you also..
Browse to
HKey-Users\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators.
Change the value from 2 to 0.
Hopefully this should also work for you..
let me know, thanks..
mkarolia
uk.
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/FN-key-probelms/td-p/4106
Helpful
+6
plus moins
I just had this problem with my Toshiba Satellite. All of sudden zero functionality in both of my control keys. I went into device manager, found the keyboard and left-clicked my mouse. I pressed the option to check for hardware changes, and after a couple of seconds - back to normal!!!! yeah! May G-D bless us with such easy solutions to all of our life problems!

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?