How to play mp3 in ubuntu 8.10

Solved/Closed
Shishir - Jan 2, 2009 at 02:08 AM
 Mac11 - May 28, 2010 at 07:29 AM
Hello,
i'm new in ubuntu .I installed ubuntu 8.10 in my pc. When i click on any mp3 or video file which was easily played in windows, the totem movie player can't play.
Please help me how play mp3 and video files easily in ubuntu.
Related:

5 responses

Install gstreamer plugins for your totem player coz I'm running Intrepid and I can play all my videos and audio on my Ubuntu hehe !
Hello,
I am new to ubuntu,can u help me in finding the gstreamer plugins .please give me the address or locations of the plugins.Or any other suggestions.thank u. :)
hey....buddyzz
i cant able to connect my internet connection ......as im using dsl mode type..
could u plzz help me...
which link or site can i download the gstreamer plugins. and can you show me how to do the installation in ubuntu, i have no idea as to how to do that.thank you
My suggestion is using VLC ( greatest multimedia application Ive ever seen for ubuntu).....

System ( on top of the screen ) >> Administration >> Synaptic Package Manager

In Quick Search free input text field type VLC nd after getting the search result you need to mark the vlc option and apply it ( including all sub-packages ) ...... after finishing installation you have vlc in Application >> Sound & Video

Easy and simple ,,,, Enjoy
VLC plays movies fine,but won't play music,i have ubuntu 8.10
Google
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-fluendo
gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
saltyman Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2009
Jan 15, 2009 at 07:43 PM
you can use VLC to listen to mp3s too.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
how to play songs in ubuntu