My ipod wont turn on!please help!!!

Solved/Closed
jessica danielle - Dec 24, 2010 at 06:25 PM
 Shinzers - Apr 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Hello,
my ipod is an ipod touch 8 gb and no matter what i do it wont turn on ive tried everything but nothing seems towork... i get an apple screen an then the screen goes black its been doing this for an hour now and i dont know i i should call apple or what... before i call, does any one have any info on this? please help me! also i cant lose any of my songs on it or my apps becaue they are all for work and i dont have the right computer to download those documents again... please help me!

3 responses

Anonymous User
Dec 25, 2010 at 09:49 AM
Greetings,
Follow this instructions:

1 - Simultaneously press the top button + home button.
2 - Keep both buttons until the Apple appears.
3 - Then release only the top button but still hold the home button pressed.
4 - The iPod goes into recovery mode and then you can restore it via iTunes

Regards
Frappes ta tête contre une cruche. Si tu obtiens un son creux, n'en déduis pas que c'est forcément la cruche qui est vide!
pancho pantera
Jan 2, 2011 at 03:23 PM
thanks.... it really works..... you just made my day.... god bless and happy new year.....

Francisco Olaya
Anonymous User
Jan 2, 2011 at 05:03 PM
You're Welcome Pancho and Happy New Year!
Thank you for help me! I got it. God bless to you!
god bless you
push the top black button, which is the sleep button and the center menu button and hold them for 30 seconds
I've just done this after a few days of hoping it would charge up!!! Got the battery sign and it's charging now
i had egsactly the same as you have.i have the 8gb ,ipod touch 4th gen,it kept on showing the apple logo then going black again...so i connected it to the p.c put it in recovery mode im not very good with iDevices so i pressed the off button to see if it would turn on normaly again.the screen flashed very quickly then it stayed black and im taking into apple store to see what they can do.mine is jailbroken too.i am enoyed that someone has posted a comment telling me what i could of done..i panic about it too much.i had lots of apps too.what a shame :(