Pen drive file not showing even in Linux

Solved/Closed
azeroth5830 Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2011 - Dec 31, 2010 at 08:41 AM
azeroth5830 Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2011 - Jul 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Hello,

I was uploading a video on youtube from my SDHC card directly. after some time it shows a error & video failed to upload. Now then after the datas in the card is not showing. I know this is a virus work , so try to open in linux, there also it not able to show and give a error message ( I cant remember the message ). Checking the properties it showing the card is 7 GB full which is true. but no folder or file is showing. try to scan in bit-defender & kasperkey, but no help.

My best guess is that the address file is corrupted . also a file created automatically with name "USBC *ä" and if I move mouse pointer on it showing 1.18 GB file but checking properties it showing 0 KB file.

how can I recover my data ?

thanks in advance . Happy new Year
Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Dec 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM
hi

sorry im not familiar with your exact problem, but some viruses force hidden files. Try browsing with WinRAR.

Or, try a software to retrieve ur data and format the flash. Use MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Use as a home user and select Lost Partition Recovery. The link to this is

https://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Power-Data-Recovery-Free-Edition/3000-2248_4-10561431.html?part=dl-6285158&subj=dl&tag=button

Recover what you want and format it. Good luck
azeroth5830 Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2011
Dec 31, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Thanks 4 ur reply,

try to browse with winrar but no use , it s not showing the file. Also if it is a virus work then why ubuntu 10 is not able to show the file ?

never used the data recovery software, can u plz tell me after using that can I able to get all the data. also till now I havnt formatted the flash, so data recovery should show all the file ?
and also for general information what will happen if I select lost partition recovery ? I mean to say what is the difference between damaged partition recovery/lost partition recovery & undelete recovery ?

thanks again.
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 4, 2011 at 07:38 AM
hi, sorry for the late reply.

Maybe it's a new type of virus that effects ubuntu 10. you SHOULD be able to get the data back but its not always a guarantee. But not trying anything obviously won't.

Generally, they're similar but the means used to extract the data are different. But the partition is more lost than damaged, but if that fails, try damaged partition recovery. Undelete Recovery is to recover data you've deleted from your recycle bin, this isnt always going to work but it does provide alot of hope. Video files rarely work here.

No problem, happy to help
Try this
http://www.blognotes.in/fix-external-flash-drive-files-changed-to-shortcuts-virus/
azeroth5830 Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2011
Jul 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Hi , That problem is solved , I am having a friend in IBM ( although name of IBM doesnt matter bcoz my friends in Adobe , Nvdia & Oracle proven to b a dumb ass ) , he put it in a linux system , add apply some of the tricky knowledge and his home made tricks , got back all the data .

He told me , doesnt matter what happend if u hav enough money And willingness u can get back ur all data . Obviously by destroying ur pendrive and salvaging every bit of sata will cost u say 1 million $ .

To Hari : Thanks Bro , but see I am not a ass hole , I know all the tricks , CMD , Linux , shortcut virus , I have tried all da things but no use . That was a different type of problem .
Jul 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Thanks anyway all u guys . thanks a lot.