Ipod won't turn on or charge

Solved/Closed
Michelle - Jan 4, 2011 at 04:57 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 18, 2011 at 04:57 PM
Hello,

I have followed all the instructions left by others regarding the same issue but my NEW ipod is not responding at all. I cant get the logo to show up, nothing works, it won't charge and won't turn on and is not recognized by itunes. Please help this is really frustrating since it's a new item, got it at Xmas time for my son and now he cant play it.

5 responses

I have the same problem... was watching a video, turned it off and doesn't want to do anything now
Apple replaced the ipod with no explanation to why it was not able to be turned on or charged. I'm not complaining as they didn't charge me. Good luck with those that are having the same issues I had. Case can be closed now :) thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 18, 2011 at 04:57 PM
Hello Michelle,

Thank you very much for letting us know. It's very kind of you! I am happy that you got a new Pod. People often don't dare complaining and they should. Congratulations! Bravo!
Hey! Same thing happened to my iPod Touch today! I just purchased it 3 weeks ago and it's not damaged at all. I searched forums and finally found a solution! Plug the ipod into the computer with the USB Cable the open iTunes. After that press and hold the home and sleep/wake button simultaneously until the logo appears.

Good luck!
thanx thats the only thing that worked

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Jan 5, 2011 at 04:11 PM
Hello Dear Michelle,

Let me know what instructions do you follow? Do you try this?

1 - Simultaneously press the top button + home button.
2 - Keep both buttons until the Apple appears.
3 - Then release only the top button but still hold the home button pressed.
4 - The iPod goes into recovery mode and then you can restore it via iTunes

Regards!
Hi bionik, thanks for your reply I followed the other instructions found on this site written by someone else that had the same issue. I've tried turning it on and off, tried charging it via the docking station as it won't register by itunes, I'm pretty certain I've tried everything been to so many forums and so on and on and still nothing I'm now going to send it in for repairs and find out exactly what the problem is and then report back here when I receive it back :) Thanks Shelly for your comments too but even trying your method still left the device unreadable it won't even show the apple logo so I am literally lost to what and why it's happened but eager to get it working again for my son. Thank you all for your comments :) good luck with your ipods they seem to be very frigidity and fragile .