Restoring Error

Closed
CruiseCon - Jan 9, 2011 at 03:41 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jan 10, 2011 at 07:41 AM
Hello, I've run into several issues while trying to repair my girlfriend's computer. She encountered the BSOD error and I decided to restore it to factory Default. After successfully completing the restore steps, the laptop restarted and began to start back up, after the windows screen came up with the animated windows sign for windows seven, the next screen appeared with the beginning of the windows 7 setup. Once at this screen, an error box pops up stating; "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer and then restart installation.". Clicked OK, computer restarted and when it got to the same point, the error box popped up again. I attempted to restart in safe mode but this wouldn't work. Now when I start windows normally it passes the windows screen then goes to a black screen with just the mouse on it and then the computer automatically restarts... Please, Please help me because She wont get off my back about this....

Oh and the computer is a Gateway NV53 series laptop running windows 7. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Related:

2 responses

Mayzer Posts 13 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 20, 2011 1
Jan 9, 2011 at 08:37 PM
hi there,
sounds like the installation disk or your primary hard drive(with windows installed on it) is damaged or corrupt.
My brother said that too, do you know of any solutions that I can do myself or should I just take it and have it serviced?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 10, 2011 at 07:41 AM
Hello,
Let me know if your able to boot into the safe mode with command prompt. 1) When you switch ON your laptop, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the F8 key). Select the option "Safe mode with command prompt". Also let me know if you have a windows 7 DVD ?
Good Luck