Ask a question Report

All my icons change to internet explorer [Solved/Closed]

Hi Ying - Latest answer on Mar 23, 2015 08:55AM
Hello,
Does any one can help me? I have met a problem, all my icons of the program listed in start menu have change to internet explorer icons. I don't know why. When i opened them, it asked me to save or run. I have know ideas to deal with this problem. Please help!! Thank you in advance.
Read more 
Answer
+419
moins plus
1.go to start menu.
2.run command
3.regedit in run command.
4.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\software\microsoft\windows\currentvershion\explorer\flexts\
5.search for .lnk ext.
6.delete hole .lnk key or delete the user choice key on that.
7 just restart

ankdude14 1Posts Sunday October 21, 2012Registration date October 21, 2012 Last seen - Oct 21, 2012 10:44AM
Excellent Answer, its very helpful to me...thanks a lot . . .
bawanesh- Apr 2, 2014 06:07AM
thank you so much we have solved our pblm its really helpfull
Nickname...Lux- Apr 9, 2014 11:37AM
Thanks alottttttt u have make my dsy
cheeeeeerrrrrs
aamir- Apr 11, 2014 05:58PM
Gr8.Sunil , i had browsed many other solutions, but did not solved , done as you advised and in first attempt , gone .Gr 8.
laymed ;)- Mar 22, 2015 11:31AM
The problem was auto magically solved thanksssssssss
Answer
+27
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

Check whether you are able to perform system restore or not. Try restoring your

PC by doing system restore.

Good Luck

raj- Sep 15, 2011 06:31AM
suppose when i installed new softwares ...icon of installed software also appeared like internet explorer sir .........kindly help me
sakthi- Sep 30, 2011 02:34AM
hi jack

i also have d same issue for last 1 yr..i followed ur instruction nd now my comp s workin good..thanks alot for ur guide..thank u once again..
AL- Oct 8, 2012 05:07AM
Worked first time thank you.
wilson- Oct 13, 2012 12:04AM
how to system restore mine has error
elanges 1Posts Thursday November 1, 2012Registration date November 1, 2012 Last seen - Nov 1, 2012 11:47AM
omg, my desktop icons changed to mozilla firefox and i was searching for a solution for this problem since a month ago.. thank god i saw this page.. really so kind of you sir. thanks a lot jack4rall. now my laptop working as normal.. thxxxxx
Answer
+19
moins plus
If the .LNK files doesn't work, this can be because the underlying .EXE association has been broken often by some programs improperly changing the registry
or the association in the registry can become corrupted.

Perform system restore to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e?mail, documents, or photos.

Follow these steps to restore your computer to an earlier point in time:

To restore system files and settings using a recommended restore point:

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Click Recommended restore, and then click Next.
If there isn't a recommended restore point, follow the steps below to choose a specific restore point.
3. Review the restore point, and then click Finish.

To restore system files and settings using a specific restore point

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Do one of the following:
* If there is a recommended restore point, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
* If there isn't a recommended restore point, click Next.

3. Click the restore point that you want, and then click Next.
To view the programs and drivers that will be affected (which could include programs that will be deleted), click Scan for affected programs.
4. Review the restore point, and then click Finish.

Me- Mar 23, 2015 08:55AM
A delete of the LNK resolved it all, Thank you!!!
This document entitled « All my icons change to internet explorer » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.