My monitor says no signal on start up

Closed
hollowed454 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011 - Jan 10, 2011 at 07:23 AM
hydrod Posts 7 Registration date Friday January 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011 - Jan 10, 2011 at 03:28 PM
Hello,

As said above my monitor says no signal. Seems to happen only when I start it up though. basically what happens is I start it up like normal and at first it will say no signal. So I have to shut my computer down and press the cable that connects into my video card (dual monitors) and start my computer back up and it works. Sometimes only the main monitor won't start but the other one will. Seems to happen a lot more frequently as of late. I don't know if my cable is going bad or what. Just as I said seems to only happen when I start it up. thank you

3 responses

hydrod Posts 7 Registration date Friday January 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011
Jan 10, 2011 at 03:28 PM
OH! by the FYI Viki, the CMOS battery has nothing to do with the video card, it's there only to save your settings like....your clock, how your computer will boot, stuff like that.
check your CMOS battery just replace another new One
hydrod Posts 7 Registration date Friday January 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011
Jan 10, 2011 at 03:24 PM
Is your video card on your motherboard or is it a plug in, if it's on your motherboard (built in) it could be going bad. Same thing if it's a plug in, one thing (if it is a plug in (PCI, PCI-E or AGP) you might want to check out, open your case and look at the video card, make sure it's pushed all the way into the slot. I've seen this a number of times.
OR.....you could have a bad cable coming from your monitor, if that's the case it's cheeper to buy a new monitor than to get it fixed. Look at the pins on the end of your monitor cable, sometimes one can be bent or even broken off, more likely bent. If I could see the thing I could tell you better what the heck is wrong.