Ask a question Report

Entire screen with everything is huge [Solved/Closed]

gretch - Latest answer on Dec 24, 2012 03:27PM
Hello,
My sons were on my computer and claim they didn't do anything but now my entire screen is extra large. I mean when I turn the computer on the Windows symbol and the cursor the start menu, everything is extra large. I don't have access to the control panel unless I am in safe mode and that is normal size. I have run my anti-virus in case they activated a virus and I can't do anything to fix it. I have tried to search from something and can't find any solutions. I also noticed that the number lock for the 10-key pad is off and I don't know how to activate that again.
Can someone please help?
Gretch
Read more 
Answer
+174
moins plus
This just happened to me. Here's how I fixed it.
Go to Control Panel
Click "Apperance and Personalization"
Click "Adjust Screen Resolustion"
Adjust the resolustion until the screen looks like you want it to. Mine was at 800x600 and everyting was HUGE. I changed it to 1152x864 and everything looks normal.
Good luck!!!

cfick- Aug 1, 2010 12:23PM
what if you cant find the apperance and personalization?
eddie- Aug 23, 2010 04:50PM
awsome tah
Summer- Aug 25, 2010 05:51AM
Thank you Jennifer!!!!
Help me- Nov 20, 2012 06:27PM
Ive checked resolution its not it. Any zoom options you can think of??
Catherine- Dec 10, 2012 11:28AM
Thank you, it has been driving me crazy.
Answer
+87
moins plus
hit "ctrl 0" and screen should return to normal

eevans- Jul 22, 2010 12:18PM
worked great thanks soooooo much
tosha- Aug 15, 2010 12:32PM
THANK YOU!! This has been driving me crazy!!!!!
shackers- Aug 15, 2010 02:00PM
Thank you too - this has been driving me insane. If only fixing all life's problems was as easy as Ctrl O :)
atlanta- Aug 16, 2010 08:59PM
genius! Thanks
lulu- Nov 28, 2012 05:41PM
thank you so much it worked!
Answer
+61
moins plus
Hold the 'control' button.
Drag up or down with two fingers on the pad to zoom the entire screen in and out.
Yeewww

macgirl- Aug 11, 2010 11:12AM
Thanks! This is the only thing that worked for me.
ceyda- Aug 12, 2010 07:57AM
thanks! this one worked for me too!
Answer
+18
moins plus
I have been suffering through this - or a similar issue - on my MAC for the past week. My monitor is smaller than my workspace, where I have to scroll back & forth to see the entire screen.

The solution is this:

Option - Command - +/-

(hold down Option & Command, and select the "-" minus sign. You can toggle between "-" & "+")

Ahhhh. Back to normal. :)

Answer
+17
moins plus
All windows look as though they have been zoomed in, how do I get back to normal view?"

Answer
+9
moins plus
check the zoom level at the bottom of the screen it should be on 100 soz if this dont work im in yr7

YEAH- Jul 6, 2010 11:45AM
Thanks, this must have been accidentally pressed.
Slydragon- Jul 27, 2010 01:42AM
I don't have a 100 % on my screen.... I have tried EVERYTHING! Nothing seems to work! please someone help!
Answer
+8
moins plus
go onto start menu then control panel settings and adjust screen to how u want it

Answer
+5
moins plus
Left click on any part of the screen , or go to properties and change the screen resolution that solved it for my pc. It does that automatically when you play some games, or hook it up to a projector.

Answer
+4
moins plus
This has been happening to me also on more than one machine. It's not something fixed by changing settings. It just suddenly happens--everything in Firefox, for example, suddenly shrinks to miniscule size. OR everything suddenly zooms to ginormous. Sometimes I can do a quick-correct via various settings, but I usually have to re-boot. I think it's a virus?

Answer
+4
moins plus
for recording screen I prefer macvide ScreenCap (macvide.com)

Answer
+4
moins plus
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I did already try changing settings of all kinds, however. This is something that just happens out of nowhere, and isn't connected to settings in the control panel or in Firefox "View" or resolution or text size or personal settings or anything else. Suddenly everything on the screen starts either shrinking into oblivion or enlarging to utterly enormous.

I play Spider Solitaire and that's about it for games.

I'm starting to think it's my wireless mouse which is acting goofy...or maybe it's triggered by using Macromedia Dreamweaver or Fireworks. Whenever I go into Fireworks, I get a message that the system is going to alter the color settings because the software is a generation or two old. I haven't correlated the funny magnification-spaz problem to using Fireworks, though. Will have to try it, I guess.

Thanks again.

Answer
+3
moins plus
hello
right click the desktop and go to appearance.
go to font size and lower that.

apply that then click effects and untick that box that says "use large icons" and apply that.
then go to the settings tab and change the resolution.

Woogy- Feb 8, 2009 05:49PM
I had the same problem as the OP. The resolution fixed it for me. Thanks!
jayboy23- Jun 28, 2009 03:33PM
Ok i know that but something else is wrong and then in the middle of my work and blue screen comes and its says something wroing im going to lose data and all this crap i dont know whats wrong i know the thing you said before its not working. So what do i do?
maclover- Apr 22, 2010 04:20PM
i have a mac and the same thing happened to me. i can't fix it by changing the resolution so i don't know what to do
Aggz- Jun 17, 2010 06:32PM
changing the resolution worked it for me too
Answer
+3
moins plus
I had the same problem. Thanks for helping! It's working fine now! :)

Answer
+1
moins plus
just go on tools than click full screen :p

This document entitled « entire screen with everything is huge » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.