Pendrive folder appears empty

Solved/Closed
sure - Updated on Dec 19, 2018 at 03:27 PM
 akee - Aug 6, 2019 at 02:25 PM
Hello,

My system is not reading the folders in pendrive and other folder. Moreover, search option is also disabled.

Please help!

System Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0

10 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Dec 19, 2018 at 03:30 PM
Hello,
  • Check whether files are not in hidden mode.
  • Click on Start > In search box, type cmd and press Enter.
  • "Command Prompt" will be opened.
  • Here I assume your pen drive letter as G:
  • Enter this command:
    attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
  • You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.

Note: Don't forget to replace the letter G with your pen drive letter.
  • Now press Enter.
  • Now check for your files in your pen drive.

Good Luck.
thanks a lot.. this really works..
superb it work......................thanks a lot
Thanks dear we restore all file & folders. thanks a lot
Super..... its working....
Great Thanks my dear friend
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 27, 2011 at 03:10 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
attrib -r -s -h /s /d g:\*.*
Copy the above command, right-click in the command prompt and paste it
Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.
Or
Click on Start --> Search box, type control folders and press enter. Folder Options will be opened.
Click on "View" tab --> Select the option "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and uncheck the check box
"Hide protected operating system files" and click on OK. Now look for your files in your pen drive.
Good Luck.
Thank you po. It really works. :)
thanks a Lot
Jan 27, 2011 at 02:47 PM
Hello,
Let us know what happens when you are trying to open the folder. Is there any error message that is being displayed ?
Good Luck
sorry yar it doesnt works

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jan 28, 2011 at 07:22 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First make sure to check the folder options once again. If you PC is infected then even when changing the option to show hidden files and system files, it won't let you change it.
OR
Download file commander application from the below link and install it
https://freecommander.com/en/summary/
Plug your pen drive ---> open file commander--->select your pen drive. It will help you to access hidden files.
Good Luck
Bravo! It worked, I can seen my whole files, by this command. some friends facing problem to implement it, I want to suggest all of you as I experienced, that my computer takes some time to drive this command. I just pasted it. changed desired drive name (as already mentioned in main topic), pressed "Enter", Wrote "Exit" And Minimized Command Window to let it its time. And forget, after some time it will be run itself. Thank You.
attrib -r -s -h /s /d g:\*.*

This Code works, just write it in the Run program. And place your location if its H:\ or I:\ or G:\ or E:\
Thank U Jack.. Even I could recover my data with it..
It worked yar, thank you very much
when I am trying to open my pendrive it shows empty but while checking the properties its showing some used space
yes it works
thanks alot
Serveral times I formatted the usb and again copy files into usb but when after removing usb recheck the folder is shwoing empty but space is full as per file

I think it may be usb problem
several t ime I tried the command ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*
BUT NO BENEFIT