Asus laptop will not power on.

Solved/Closed
Thomas1212 - Jan 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM
 M-F - Feb 13, 2012 at 06:56 AM
Hello,

I was changing the harddrive on my wifes Asus UX50V laptop, after replacing
harddrive laptop will not power on.

- Removed battery and power cord, held down power button for 1 minute. Replaced power cord (without battery) still will not power up.
-Went in and removed CMOS Battery for 30 seconds. Repeated above steps and Laptop powered up. Installed new OS.
-After powering down, Laptop would not restart unless I removed the CMOS battery.
-Reinstalled old Harddrive, but issue remains.

-Using default BIOS configuration at startup.

Any help would be great.

Related:

1 response

matelotmax Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2011
Oct 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
I have an ASUS G73.
It falied to boot up after I shut it down in the middleof a Windows update [yeah I know I should have waited but I dont think the airline would have waited for me ;-I ].
Got to turn it on again and a few indicator lights came on but nothing else.
Inserted the backup disc I was instructed to make on purchase & nothing.
Found this site [Thank V.much to the original guy who started this idea] and found the string about switching it off, removing the battery and holding the power button down for at least 45 seconds.
Unfortunately that didnt work for me [might not have tried it enough times].
But out of the corner of my eye, I saw the bit about doing the former + resetting the bios [find the pinhole reset facility - mine is on the base - I managed to reset it with a pin].
That worked!
Came up with the same Windows update screen, completed that and shut down again - Gulp! Will it now restart?
Oh Yes.
Thanks Chaps ;-I
Chuffed as nuts as we say ;-)
Just read ur instructions and u saved my day. Thanks a million.