Upade eset smart security 4.0

Closed
d-xfen - Feb 6, 2011 at 04:46 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 6, 2011 at 04:58 AM
Hello,

i have eset smart security installed in my computer but i have failed to upadate it,pliz help,it is already warning me.

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 6, 2011 at 04:58 AM
1.Verify that your Internet connection is active by visiting ESET's home page.

2.Clear update cache by performing the following steps:

a.Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

b.Press F5 to open the Advanced Setup window.

c.Disable Self-defense. Deselect the Enable Self-defense option. Your ESET security product will alert you that a computer restart is required. Click OK.

d.From the Advanced Setup tree, click Update. Then, clear the update cache by clicking Clear....

e.Click OK and restart your computer.

f.Open the main program window and click Update Update virus signature database

g.If you still receive the "Error downloading update file" message, continue to step 3. If not, you are finished and can re-enable Self-defense. Press F5 to open the Advanced Setup window and then select the Enable Self-defense option. Your ESET security product will alert you that a computer restart is required. Click OK. Click OK to exit the Advanced Setup window. Restart your computer.

3.Confirm that you can see hidden files and folders.

Windows XP: Click Start Control Panel Folder Options View tab and select the Show hidden files and folders option.

Windows Vista: Click Start Control Panel Appearance and Personalizations Show hidden files and folders under Folder Options and select the Show hidden files and folders option.

WIndows 7: Click Start Control Panel Folder Options View tab select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

4.You will need to delete the contents of the Updfiles folder and the Charon folder.

ESET Smart Security:

Windows XP users: Click Start My Computer and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Updfiles and delete the contents. Then, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Charon and delete the contents.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: Click Start Computer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Updfiles and delete the contents. Then, navigate to C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Charon and delete the contents.
Blocked Profile
Feb 6, 2011 at 04:52 AM
Hi,

Open Esset ans press where the warning sign is displayed,this will install the updates on your system and same time update its database.

Thanks