Uninstall quick heal pc tuner evaluation V

Solved/Closed
jerry - Feb 10, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 10, 2011 at 04:16 PM
Hello,
after using the evaluation copy of quick heal pc tuner for a month it expired n after uninstallation i tried to reinstallled again ..but it says a demo copy has been previous installed. please buy a new 1......or reinsatlled it......how do i now reinstall the trial copy agn......sud i hav t o buy or wot...????

i cleared all registries,, folders,, exe files,,temp files but no luck..

anyone who has overcome it...plz replied....wil b very thankul....luking 4ward....
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 10, 2011 at 05:01 AM
Hello Jerry,

Evaluation versions are so programmed that if you cannot completely uninstall it and must purchase it.

There is one registry value that you probably missed and it is situated in the "Legacy" section, completely at the end of the registry editor. Unfortunately for you "legacy" values are like a tatoo, they cannot be deleted no matter how one can try.

Sorry
cdry11 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2011
Feb 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM
thnx for rpy....but where sud i xactly find the quick heal pc tuner legacy . although i got d following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>System>ControlSet003>Enum>Root >
> Legacy

but i didn't find the quick heal pc tuner legacy folder thier...???

can i used the following solution if i find the folder

by creating a folder in d Program Files folder and name it PsExec. Placing the psexec file in the folder. Creating a batch file by opening Notepad and copying and pasting the following line into it :

den saving the file as PsExec Regedit.bat (the important thing is the ..)

if i click on the .bat file i have created it N it will open regedit in such a way that it wud be possible to delete the legacy keys...??????????
or,,

Right-clicking on the file or folder
-click on permission
-Full control-Everyone
and delete the entry...................??????????
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 10, 2011 at 04:16 PM
Cdry,

Yes the legacy value is there, not matter what you do, trust me, all angles have been covered, you will not be able to install another evaluation version.

Anyway, suppose it was possible with the batch file, you would again be stucked with the same problem again and damage you system.

Evaluation versions are to be used once for you to appreciate the product, make your opinion on it. If you like it, you purchase it, if you don't, you uninstall it.

You tried it once, now you want to try it free again and again.

That is contrary to Kioskea's Charter.

No more help can be provided to you.

I will request for this thread to be marked as solved and closed for further writable.