Date Diff in excel 2010

Solved/Closed
Mark - Feb 13, 2011 at 03:44 PM
 Mark - Feb 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Hello,

So I want to figure out how to write a formula for a difference in days on a "visit log". I want excel to look in multiple cells. (basically the last date entered in a row)

For example: today's date minus the last time I visited a location for inspection

I have column A as the name of the location and subsequent columns I log in every time I visit. It would make it easier for me to be able to eagle eye the locations that are due

I have 10 columns - some of which may be blank - I want Excel to know to keep looking in the cell to the left until it sees a date and subtracts the difference from today's date

Thanks in advance for any help !
Related:

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Feb 14, 2011 at 09:24 AM
Hi Mark,

Try this:

=TODAY()-MAX(B2:J2)

This will tell you the amount of days between todays date and the maximum value of the dates entered (meaning the most recent date entered).

You can now use conditional format to change the way the locations name looks like, depending on the difference in days, to make it easy to spot those locations.

Best regards,
Trowa
Thanks - That worked perfectly !