Cannot connect to internet through browser

Closed
dan - Jan 7, 2009 at 12:27 AM
z4bmw Posts 11 Registration date Monday October 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2009 - Jan 7, 2009 at 03:49 AM
I am running an HP laptop with a wireless connection. My internet connection is just fine and I am still able to connect to MSN and programs like Ares and LimeWire, also receive updates but when i open any browser like IE, firefox, or opera the web page cannot be found. I can still browse the internet through the Ares browser though which is odd.
Related:

1 response

z4bmw Posts 11 Registration date Monday October 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2009 2
Jan 7, 2009 at 03:49 AM
Hello,

Try to see if it does not come from the cookies and temporary Internet files that could make the access impossible. First try to delete the cache memory of the computer by deleting the Cookies and History/ Temporary Files of the browsers.

If this does not work, try to see if the security settings have not been set too high. This might also cause the browsers not to display.

If this still does not work you might also try to update the browsers to see if the problem does not come from a wrong browser config.