Copy rows based on a condition...revisited

Closed
Tim - Feb 22, 2011 at 05:42 PM
 Tim - Mar 8, 2011 at 03:40 PM
Hello,
This question was asked and answered by HELPER.
(I'll attach it below as I cannot find a reference number)
My addendum to the question is;
Where would I put the code? under the general for the workbook?, or on the sheet?
My situation is similar, but expanded.
I have a workbook with a master sheet and 16 additional sheets that I plan to email to my sales reps. So with the solution provided by HELPER I should be able to modify the code for additional sheets, but do I put the code in the master sheet or the sub sheet(s)?
Maybe I'm assuming to much as I am new to VB.
Here is the original question/response:

How can I have excel copy the entire row of data from worksheet Employee Inventory to another worksheet called EEs if column Q contains TERM. I've tried almost everything but nothing is working. Please help!

Assumptions for this code:
1. Employee Inventory sheet has heading in row one so it will start checking the data in row 2.
2. Column Q does not have any empty cells.
3. EEs sheet will have headings in row one so the data will start copying in row 2.

Set i = Sheets("Employee Inventory")
Set e = Sheets("EEs")
Dim d
Dim j
d = 1
j = 2

Do Until IsEmpty(i.Range("Q" & j))

If i.Range("Q" & j) = "TERM" Then
d = d + 1
e.Rows(d).Value = i.Rows(j).Value

End If
j = j + 1
Loop

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Feb 24, 2011 at 09:33 AM
Hi Tim,

Put the code in the master sheet / this workbook if you want the code to be applied to the whole workbook. Like custom functions or a conditional format code for more then three conditions etc....

Put the code in the sub sheet / sheet1 (sheet1) etc.. if you want the code to run automatically.

Put a code in a module if you want to run the code manually.

So basically you will have to ask yourself if you want the code to run automatically or manually.

Best regards,
Trowa
Thanks!
I just got back into town.
I'll try it out.