How to fix BIOS corruption

Solved/Closed
gmartin - Feb 23, 2011 at 02:13 PM
 pamc - Oct 29, 2011 at 07:25 AM
Hello,
my compaq presario cq61 screen doesn't come on and gives me a blink code of to which on the hp site says bios corruption so how do I fix this

many thanks in advance for any help
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 24, 2011 at 07:38 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
My 1 year old son loves pushing buttons on my computer. Most of the time I catch him and get him away fast enough it does nothing but this particular time he got my computer turned on and then back off. I didn't think anything of it but when I came back a few hours later to turn it on, the screen was blank and the LED lights by CAPS/NUM lock were flashing in a sequence of two. I looked through my manual and troubleshooted everything they suggested. Then I called tech support and spoke with a woman who's accent was so thick I had no clue what she was telling me. By the time I figured it out I realized she wanted money from me because my warranty had expired "104 days ago". Really? Just to turn my computer back on??? So my mom said, "Go on my computer and Google it. And so I did. And this suggestion was the first thing to pop up. So I tried it and it worked instantly! Who knew it was as simple as taking the battery out? And I'd have had to buy a new warranty for someone to tell me that? Thanks Jack4all. You really know your trades :)
Thank you Jack4all. Had the same problem and your solution worked for me also.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 23, 2011 at 02:22 PM
Hello,
Did you tried to update your BIOS? Give full details about the issue from the beginning.
Also let us know your complete model number. Example: CQ61-30WM . You can find the complete model number at the back of your laptop.
Good Luck
hi its a cq61-310sa I never tried to update bios I opened it up to change the dc jack and when I put it back together it werent working