Ipod Connects to itunes but not computer

Closed
evynrhiannon Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen February 25, 2011 - Feb 25, 2011 at 07:38 AM
devola Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday April 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2011 - Apr 12, 2011 at 08:25 AM
Hello,
i have a question about my ipod,
I want to transfer my music off my ipod onto my computer, My itunes recognizes the ipod but my computer doesn't and i don't know why this has happened?
can any one give me any ideas?
I've tried using different ports and rebooting it but this hasn't worked either,
Thanks x

1 response

devola Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday April 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 at 08:25 AM
Hello there :)

computers arent supposed to recognise your ipod, iTunes is, as soon as you plug in your
iPod to your computer, iTunes should automatically start up, depending on the type of settings
you have.

and another thing, the only thing you can do with ipods is add music into it, you cant actually
download songs from your iPod to your computer. the best way to get music is to put them into
a usb then transferr them into your computer, otherwise download them from websites,
here's just a couple:

1. Airmp3.com
2. Beemp3.com

i hope that helps :)