Startup password

Solved/Closed
pnknhd - Mar 12, 2011 at 08:44 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 12, 2011 at 04:34 PM
Hello,

I just purchased a d260 mini secondhand and I stupidly thought I could change the administrator name, but of course it would not let me change the password since I did not have the original password. I could log on previouisly without it, but since I changed the admin name, when I shut it down, it now wants the old password with the new admin name. I am by no means computer literate, so this came as quite a surprise. I did not realize that changing the admin name would cause this problem, since I could logon without a password before. So now I can do nothing since the startup login requests the password. any suggestions that I can handle myself. many thanks

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 12, 2011 at 04:34 PM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove to anybody on this forum that you are the real owner.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords#topedit

Best regards