Scroll bar drops to the bottom

Solved/Closed
chloelin Posts 5 Registration date Thursday March 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2011 - Mar 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM
chloelin Posts 5 Registration date Thursday March 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2011 - Mar 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM
I would be so grateful if anyone could help with this. I use XP SP2 and Firefox. My anti-malware is Avira, Malwarebytes,SpyBot and Panda anti-rootkit, all full and upgraded frequently. I suspect malware has been removed and left behind some changes, but that's just my guess.
Often - not always but usually, I find the vertical scroll bar drops to the bottom, showing the end of the window and making the programme unusable. It may not do this straight away, maybe after two minutes, maybe twenty. It affects Firefox, my usual browser, IE, which I also tested, Word 2007 and some folders - but not all. Sometimes it can be halted by re-starting. sometimes it goes away by itself. It makes no difference whether I am on-line or not, nor if I disable my connection.
When I began to type this in your window, after a few letters the typing was entered at the bottom of the windown - even though the scroll bar had not yet dropped. I have had to type with Notepad - which has once or twice been affected by the problem itself - and copy into your window.
While I suspect malware, I don't recall anything that looks nasty being found - mostly it was adware. All my anti-malware programmes have been run - and run again - finding nothing.
Any advice or assistance would be so welcome, especially if it solved the problem.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 18, 2011 at 05:23 AM
To help you, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

Open this link and download ZHPDiag :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

Register the file on your Desktop.

Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the instructions.

the tool created two icons ZHPDiag and ZHPFix (we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

Close ZHPDiag.

To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

Click on "upload »

Copy the url and post it here

Catch you and the viruses later
chloelin Posts 5 Registration date Thursday March 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2011
Mar 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Firstly Ambucias, thank you for the reply. But there's a simple explanation. What causes the scroll-bar to drop down? Why, the "page-down key". I changed my keyboard . . . And to think - I'd reinstalled XP before I thought of that. However I've kept your message about the log. Could be useful in future.

all the best

Chloe