You Tube ... no video, only sound.

Solved/Closed
Chenoli - Mar 20, 2011 at 03:32 PM
 mattman - May 17, 2018 at 04:06 PM
Hello,

... PROBLEM SOLVED!!! ... I right clicked on You Tube's blank square (black or white) and clicked on "Report playback issue" ... I did and that took me to the following page:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1209379
... where I found an explanation about Adobe ... bla, bla, bla and the following:

"While we work with Adobe to smooth out these kinks, the following steps will allow you to disable hardware-accelerated playback: "

1 Right-click in the middle of the video below (or on the on the video you're having issues with)
2 Click Settings
3 Click the left-most tab
4 Uncheck the 'Enable hardware acceleration' checkbox to disable hardware acceleration.
5 Refresh the page

and that's it!

Related:

6 responses

• 1 Right-click in the middle of the video below (or on the on the video you're having issues with)
  • 2 Click Settings
  • 3 Click the left-most tab
  • 4 Uncheck the 'Enable hardware acceleration' checkbox to disable hardware acceleration.
  • 5 Refresh the page

For those using Chrome: Go to Settings -> Show Advanced Settings (scroll all the way down and click the text to expand) -> System -> Untick "Use hardware acceleration when available".

The steps for other browsers should be similar, but Google if you can't find it.
thank you
Thank you very much. Happy
thanks bro