Ask a question Report

Why is avira not updating? error in file download [Solved/Closed]

Meliza - Latest answer on Jul 5, 2013 05:29AM
Hello,
I really can't figure out what's wrong with my avira because after i click start update the dialog will say status:scanning for updates but only the time moves and then after a few minutes the status will say: error in file download. I repeated the process many times and I still can't update my version. Please help me on what to I have to do.
Read more 
Answer
+11
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1.

Make sure that proxy server is not selected.

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Click on "Properties" ---> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on "LAN Settings" button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected.

Also check your firewall.

Good Luck

Answer
+2
moins plus
thanks it worked

Answer
+2
moins plus
Can you explain more clearly were to click. I mean that part of make sure the proxy server is not selected :-(

jack4rall 6449Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 10, 2015 Last seen - Jul 5, 2013 05:29AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Follow the above given instructions. This will uncheck the proxy server option.
Good Luck
This document entitled « Why is avira not updating? error in file download » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.