Outlook Express cannot attach files

Closed
seoulman - Mar 22, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 30, 2011 at 05:32 AM
Hello,

I haven't been able to attach files to either Gmail or Outlook express. This is becoming really frustrating as I've tried all of the suggestions on here, but to no avail. As I'm currently studying my Masters (online) I have to save all documents to my USB and go to a nearby internet cafe to send them to my professor.

I have just found out another problem, saving journal documents (pdf) from academic sites. The camel's back is straining. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Best Wishes

Seoulman

Related:

6 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 27, 2011 at 06:35 AM
Hi,

To save time for everyone giving you solutions that you already tried, please explain: "I've tried all of the suggestions on here" and tell what type or format of files your are trying to attach.

What is the proceedure you follow to OE?
I am unable to attach ANY files to either Gmail or outlook. When I press the attach tab in Gmail, nothing happens, in Outlook, the Browse window opens but doesn't allow me to select a file to attach. I'm also unable to SAVE pdf. files..... Apologies for my lack of IT lingo, but what does OE mean???

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 28, 2011 at 05:04 AM
Hello Seoulman

OE = Outlook Express

I must look further into the problem. Can you tell me which type of files your are trying to attach.

Are they all pdf files? Word files, Excel ? When, you try to attach a file in OE, I assume you are clicking on the paper clip which opens the folder in which the file is saved in. You click on the file to highlight it, then click on the attach button on the lower right hand side of the that window?

What is the software you are using to view and save pdf files?

Catch you later alligator
Apologies for my dumbness, should have figured that one out myself (OE).

Once I click on the paperclip, the window which allows you to select your file pops up but then I am unable to select anything. I try to highlight a file but nothing happens.

I'm using Adobe reader 9 to view/save pdf. files and have Adobe flash player 10 active X installed. Theres been no problems in the past, only started going wrong a couple of months ago.

My wife also had problems uploading a picture to her facebook account the other day, same problem as Gmail, OE and Adobe. I really don't have a scooby doo (clue) what I'm looking for so I really appreciate your time and effort

Best Wishes

In a while crocodile.
Mar 28, 2011 at 04:04 PM
Seoulman,

In Outlook Express in the top menu, click on Insert, when the window pops-up click on the file you wish to attach and that should highlight it. Then click on Insert.

Should that fail, click on all programs and click on Windows update. Several updates have been issues for OE and you may be missing some.

Adobe Flashplayer is not related at all with Adobe Reader. In the last few months, I have received at least three updates for Reader. I suggest that you go on the Adobe Reader site and insure you have the latest.

If you still run into difficulties, please let me know.
I am having the same issue- I try to attach a jpg file the same as I always have, and it shows up as a GIF or in the body of the text, and no one can view or open the file??? It just started- Yikes!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Somehow, my e-mail (send out) got switched to Rich Format....I have to manually change it each time........to HTML.....
Thanks
Mar 30, 2011 at 05:32 AM
mcschmidty, is this with Outlook Express?