SQl server 2005 Installtion problem on Vista

Closed
pcbharti - Jan 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM
 Senthil - May 17, 2009 at 05:20 AM
Hello,

I had installed SqlServer 2005 on my laptop with Vista but never used it. Now when i tried to use it I was unable to create database, table and every run any query. So i just uninstalled it and Visual Studio 2005 from my Laptop. And then tried to install it again but I can't install it propery.

Can anyone tell me what shall i do..??

Thanks in advance..:)
Related:

3 responses

After 3 weeks of search, i came to know that SQL Server 2005 enterprise edition wont work with Vista, instead of telling this in straight some websites made me to download sp2 unnecessarily.

Here's the conclusion: If you want to work with SQL server 2005 enterprise edition change you OS to Server 2003. Else be with Vista but install SQL server 2005 Developer Edition.

Even if you have Developer edition of SQL 2005 and vista, just make sure to check your computer name. There is a bug and your system name should be ALL caps for the SQL 2005 to install correctly.
winfast Posts 10 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009
Jan 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM
hi,
try this link to get help and support from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/934164
Hi thanks for the reply.. :)

On my laptop it's "Windows Vista Home Basic" So is it possible to run SQL Server 2005 on it. My Laptop is HP Pacilion dv5 series..

Please do let me know what shall i do..??? Actually i want to use Visual Studio 2005 with Sql Server 2005.

Thanks a lot.. Waiting for the reply.. :)
nitin > pcbharti
Feb 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Hi,
i Have bought the same laptop,can i install sql 2005 on this with vista 64 Bit.

Thanks
Nitin
Hey ..

Yess, You can install SQL 2005 on Vista Laptop. I was having same problem. But then I installed it from Cd and then run the SQLEXPR_ADV .. You can get it from Microsoft site.

There are various Softwares for SQL server 2005. I m sorry i cud n't remember the exact link. and file name. But you will get it there. You have do a little R & D.

I hope you will succeed in this.

Regards..:)