My gatewaynv52 laptop shut down and wont start up

Closed
jamie954rr Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2011 - Mar 27, 2011 at 06:56 PM
 RandomUser - Jan 23, 2012 at 09:51 PM
Hello,
My wife restarted her laptop and it will not start back up. It has no life at all. When I push the power button the blue light comes on and of course the battery light is on too. The only life it has is when I push the buttons at the top like the volume up and down buttons (they come on for a couple seconds then shut off) and the 'P' button (whatever that is for) and some other button next to the 'P'. Those two will blink for a couple seconds and then stop. Other than this there is no fan noise, the cd drive doesn't start up like normal or anything. Nothing on the screen at all, ever.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, she really needs to get her stuff off here for her work. I have tried the 30 second thing and the upside down thing but neither worked for me. Like I said any help would be appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Mar 27, 2011 at 07:03 PM
Hello,

Try this:

Unplug the power --> remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds to 2 minutes --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

Put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
Thanks bionik, I tried to no avail. It just seems to be dead in the water now.
Anonymous User
Apr 14, 2011 at 02:26 PM
Sorry for this news Jamie and thank you anyway for your feedback.
don't know if you figured this one out, but it could be a bad RAM chip. if there are two, you can try removing them and starting the computer with only one installed...