'Realtek AC97 Sound isn't working! [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Yorkie59 - Last answered on Jun 26, 2010 at 04:18 PM by spinac;es
Hello,
My sound was working fine to begin with, I wanted to get my mic working so I changed around the sound settings to get it working, sound was fine, and my mic work fine. However I can't remember when but my sound has just disapeared, I don't seem to have any sound anymore. I have checked the sound settings thousands of times, none on mute, all set to my laptop 'Realtek AC97 Audio' etc yet no success. When I restart my laptop it makes the beep when it boots up so it isn't to do with my speakers, its my settings. I think I know what the problem is, but im not sure what to do. When I was changing the settings around I changed 'Sound Scheme' I now have 'Windows default', 'Sound scheme' and 'no sound' in the drop down bar. Im quite certain its because I lost my original scheme. Any suggesstions on what I can do?

Thanks,

Yorkie59
Helpful
+50
plus moins
hi this happens to me all the time and I dont know why but I just go into start ,controll panel ,system hardware device manager ,sound video and game controllers ,hit the plus sign and than I hit the sound drivers comboright click than update drivers install from list ,than check dont search I will choses than hit next and in this box should be your drivers high light them and hit next that should do it hit finish and u shouldnt have to restart good luck hope it works for you MATT
Was this answer helpful?  
Kelly- Apr 29, 2010 at 05:20 PM
There is no system hardware device manager in my controll pannel.. at least I dont think. Were is it locarted?
mom- May 20, 2010 at 10:06 AM
I havent got a system hardware device manager either :|
pon- May 27, 2010 at 07:27 AM
if u havent got System Hardware go into performance + maintance, Click on System - system properties should pop up, click on Hardware then Device manager. scroll down to sound, video and game crontrollers, then follow above steps!
Lucy- Jun 17, 2010 at 06:41 PM
it says 'has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP. the options are 'Continue Anyway' or 'STOP Installation' what should I chose? Please help me
spinac;es- Jun 26, 2010 at 04:18 PM
i got confused after
I hit the sound drivers comboright click than update drivers install from list ,than check dont search I will choses than hit next and in this box should be your drivers high light them and hit next that should do it hit finish

please help!
Helpful
+9
plus moins
hi,
where it's written "sound scheme", just leave it blank!
if this does not solve the problem, you can perfom a system restore.
Helpful
+6
plus moins
Thankyou so much my sound is working now!!!!!!
Helpful
+3
plus moins
YESSSSSSSSSS THANKYOU my sound is working nooww! :)
YESSSS

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?