Ask a question Report

'Realtek AC97 Sound isn't working! [Solved]

Yorkie59 - Latest answer on Jun 26, 2010 04:18PM
Hello,
My sound was working fine to begin with, i wanted to get my mic working so i changed around the sound settings to get it working, sound was fine, and my mic work fine. However i can't remember when but my sound has just disapeared, i don't seem to have any sound anymore. I have checked the sound settings thousands of times, none on mute, all set to my laptop 'Realtek AC97 Audio' etc yet no success. When i restart my laptop it makes the beep when it boots up so it isn't to do with my speakers, its my settings. I think i know what the problem is, but im not sure what to do. When i was changing the settings around i changed 'Sound Scheme' i now have 'Windows default', 'Sound scheme' and 'no sound' in the drop down bar. Im quite certain its because i lost my original scheme. Any suggesstions on what i can do?
Thanks,
Yorkie59
Read more 
Answer
+49
moins plus
hi this happens to me all the time and i dont know why but i just go into start ,controll panel ,system hardware device manager ,sound video and game controllers ,hit the plus sign and than i hit the sound drivers comboright click than update drivers install from list ,than check dont search i will choses than hit next and in this box should be your drivers high light them and hit next that should do it hit finish and u shouldnt have to restart good luck hope it works for you MATT
Kelly- Apr 29, 2010 05:20PM
There is no system hardware device manager in my controll pannel.. at least i dont think. Were is it locarted?
mom- May 20, 2010 10:06AM
I havent got a system hardware device manager either :|
pon- May 27, 2010 07:27AM
if u havent got System Hardware go into performance + maintance, Click on System - system properties should pop up, click on Hardware then Device manager. scroll down to sound, video and game crontrollers, then follow above steps!
Lucy- Jun 17, 2010 06:41PM
it says 'has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP. the options are 'Continue Anyway' or 'STOP Installation' what should i chose? Please help me
spinac;es- Jun 26, 2010 04:18PM
i got confused after
i hit the sound drivers comboright click than update drivers install from list ,than check dont search i will choses than hit next and in this box should be your drivers high light them and hit next that should do it hit finish

please help!
Add comment
Answer
+9
moins plus
hi,
where it's written "sound scheme", just leave it blank!
if this does not solve the problem, you can perfom a system restore.
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
Thankyou so much my sound is working now!!!!!!
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
YESSSSSSSSSS THANKYOU my sound is working nooww! :)
YESSSS
Add comment
This document entitled « 'Realtek AC97 Sound isn't working! » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.