Folders turn shortcut & recycler appear

Solved/Closed
enyd - Apr 3, 2011 at 02:01 PM
 Chemita - Oct 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM
hi,
please I really need you're help guys... a week ago my external hard drive got a virus and turn all the folders into shortcut and a folder "recycler" appears suddenly. I deleted the virus yet folders still on shortcut and recycler folder ( I really don't know what is that and how it appear) still there. Another thing is when you open one of the folder it shows files from documents and not the original file of it. I look on properties and shows the
target as: %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c "start %cd%RECYCLER\9A5493C4656250E8CB27B9D64085563D.exe&&%windir%\explorer.exe H:\pictures"
target type: application
target location: system 32
please help me coz all the pictures and video of my baby is in this hard drive...
Related:

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 3, 2011 at 02:27 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your flash drive now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your flash drive and also from drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your flash drive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Now press "Enter".

Now check for your files in Flash Drive.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.
ako2lolz Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2012
Oct 15, 2012 at 04:35 AM
Hello,i Tried the step 2,ang says access denied..tnx
Access denied comes for 3 to 4 times and then process starts don't worry
This process takes five min so plz wait paiciently for five min then the cmd window closes automatically and then u can check ur drive
It worked! Thanks so so much!