My browser can't connect to the internet unless i uninstall my anti virus

Solved/Closed
ARKA - Apr 4, 2011 at 02:47 PM
 idk - Aug 12, 2015 at 08:51 AM
Hello,

I use windows xp sp2. any browser of mine (firefox/IE/Opera) cant connect to the internet unless I remove my antivirus program. I use avast internet security 5.0.545. I hv checked all settings of avast but there is no blocking but still I am unable to connect to the internet. my antivirus is getting updated and I can update any program when there is connection but I cant access the internet through the browser. I used to connect to the internet through internet. whenever I uninstall the antivirus the browser connects to the internet.in another computer connected through wi-fi I am using avast 5.0.545 but there is no problem with browser connecting to internet!! how can I connect to the internet through browser keeping avast installed!! plz help som1

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 4, 2011 at 05:06 PM
Arka,

can you disable avast when youre on and try the internet then?

if this works, try disabling just the FIREWALL only and give it a try.

with avast enabled can you ping google?

go to start > run > type cmd and press OK

type ping google.com and press enter

tell me if you get a response.
yeah I got a response while pinging google but still after disabling avast firewall I could not connect to internet through any browser
same problem here
Blocked Profile
May 4, 2011 at 03:38 PM
go to start > control panel > internet options

click on the advanced tab and click reset and then apply

go to the connections tab (within IE options again)

click LAN settings and check automatically detect.

make sure all others are unchecked > click OK

let me know.
prakashkarthic
Jan 2, 2012 at 09:21 AM
hi jus stop ur webshield and try!!!!!! I hope it will work
prakashkarthic
Jan 2, 2012 at 09:22 AM
webshield is inside ur avast internet security 'realtimeshields'
I solved this!!! I updated into AVAST Internet Security 2015. After that, when I am about to open my laptop and connect to wifi, I cannot anymore. What I did is, I opened AVAST tray.. Settings > Update > (I forgot which tab I found it. :P) Then you will see a Notification that you need to Reboot your system! Click Reboot Now.. And Laptp will restart! And alas!!!! Wifi is now working! :) Probably, your pc wasnt Rebooted properly. (Although I knew I restarted it, by the windows restart? :P guess it doesnt work. It might really need to be restarted through AvAst.)

Hope this experience of mine helps! :)
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

There are two ways to fix this...

1.If u have Avast Internet Security. Go to tray nd right click on avast icon then select Enable Online Mode. Then it should work. (Its like its preventing u too browse the web because of the dangers like spam and virus ads.)

2.Disable all shields
idk > PCtechFreak
Aug 12, 2015 at 08:51 AM
I disabled an internet shield ONLY...after spending over an hour trying to find a solution! SETTINGS < ACTIVE PROTECTION < WEB SHIED (OFF)