IPhone 4, PCs and Orange Livebox Wifi

Solved/Closed
PeterD - Apr 7, 2011 at 08:41 AM
 Anonymous User - Apr 8, 2011 at 09:30 AM
Hello,

I am trying to connect to my WiFi on Orange Livebox 8DF2 with both a Windows 7 (Dell) PC and an iPhone 4. The box is about two and a quarter years old.

It won't connect to either and we had a similar problem with a visitor's 3G last year.

The Livebox works fine for my iPhone3G, a Sony Ericsson Satia (mobile phone) and my Ubuntu-powered laptop. It is not a WEP key issue as the livebox **should** connect to devices once the invitation is issued by pressing the button on the bottom ie it is effectively locked until someone in the room authorises it.

According to some there is a mysterious "1" button on the base of the Livebox that you have to press as part of getting it to work. This Livebox doesn't have one.

Amusingly - or not - while the iPhone4 recognises the WiFi's existence; because it can't logon to it it won't forget it either from its list of known WiFi networks. That also means that setting the configuration is out too.

I have tried rebooting the Livebox- and the PC and the iPhone, but that doesn't work.

FWIW this is an Orange (aka France Telecom) Livebox in France. Shouldn't make any difference, but...

Are there known problems? if so how do you resolve them? For the moment I am not going to upgrade my iPhone 3G ;-)

I thought a driver problem might be it, but on two different systems as diverse as an iPhone and a Dell PC?

Thx

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Salut Peter,

Did you try to reset your livebox to see if you always have the issue?
Salut,

yes, I did problem persists.

Peter
Anonymous User
Apr 7, 2011 at 03:09 PM
Ok the best solution I found is to contact your router provider. Contact them and explain your problem, they will be able to solve it certainly.

Bonne Chance!
Merci bionik!
Anonymous User
Apr 8, 2011 at 09:30 AM
Pas de quoi Peter, You're Welcome!