Lenovo-Windows-7 and vmware keboard issue

Solved/Closed
kichakai Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday March 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2011 - Apr 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 19, 2011 at 07:51 AM
Hello Friends,

I have lenovo y550 with windows 7 Home premimium, I installed vmwere and installed windows xp in that, After installing werever key I type throught my laptop keyboard, only number appears. same issue apears in virtual box,

Please some one help me on this issue.
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 7, 2011 at 01:36 PM
Greetings,

Have you checked to make sure Num Lock is not turned on inside the virtual machine, if yes go to the properties of the virtual machine and under the General tab. Look at the bottom right for "Use enhanced virtual keyboard" and either check that box or uncheck that box and try again.

If the problem still exist, try this:

Let's see if the program "gidde.exe" is causing the problem with the keyboard in the virtual machines.

Click "Start->Run".
Then, type "msconfig" without the quotes in the box.

When msconfig opens you will see a bunch of tabs at the top of the program. Click the tab named "Startup". The programs listed here all start when your PC starts.

Look in the "Startup" tab for the program "C:\Program Files\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe". If it has a check mark in the box then it is set to run when your PC starts up. To determine if this program is causing the keyboard problem please 'uncheck' the box. Then click "OK". Then restart the PC and check the keyboard in the virtual machine.

Good Luck
If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.....
kichakai Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday March 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2011
Apr 19, 2011 at 07:01 AM
Sorry for delay in responding,

The Idea You gave Worked perfectly, I really appreciate your help, and I struggled for past 3 moths because of this issue.

Thanks again.
Anonymous User
Apr 19, 2011 at 07:51 AM
Am glad to hear that your issue is fixed. Thank you for your feedback too, it was a real pleasure to help you.

Regards!