Icons changed after reformatting

Solved/Closed
Wasp - Apr 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 13, 2011 at 02:30 AM
Hello,

I recently reformatted my windows 7 home basic(1st time doing it here) and the appearance of my icons has changed, and by icons i mean stuff like the windows which appear when you pass your cursor on the symbols of media player,chrome etc,.. on the task par are not appearing,its just text now,im not getting those windows even when using alt+tab,im just getting text.

I know my question is not easy to understand, but im not good at explaining things and thanks in advance for helping :)

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 9, 2011 at 01:31 PM
Greetings,

You must activate Aero theme to preview the windows in your task bar.

Right click on your desktop and click on personalize, then choose an Aero theme.

Good Luck!
Hi,there is no personalise option,the options available are view,sort by,refresh,graphic prop,graphic options,new,screen resolution and gadgets.
And yea,some are saying that i dont have a personalize button since im using home basic.but i was using home basic even before reformatting and even though i did not select a theme i had aero...
Anonymous User
Apr 10, 2011 at 03:10 AM
So now, you can preview windows in the task bar?
Nope,i am not able to preview them...
Anonymous User
Apr 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Try this:

1-Go to the System Properties:

2-Refresh your WEI (Windows Experience Index) Score. In order to refresh WEI right on My Computer -> Properties, A New window with System information will be displayed.

3-Click on Performance Information and Tools at bottom right side of window.

4-Now click Re-run the assessment

Or you can simply Click on start->type cmd or Command Prompt-> and type following command:
winsat formal

Once your Windows Experience Index is recalculated and if its higher then 3.0, Aero in Windows 7 will get automatically enabled.

You can change colors by righ clicking on desktop-> Personalize -> Select Windows Colors

Now check if you can preview the windows.