Pendrive store file is hidden

Solved/Closed
ajit kumar - Apr 13, 2011 at 03:20 AM
 muhammad usman - Jun 30, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Hello,

sir ,
my trancend 8gb pen drive is not working .when I attach with my computer then it work but when I store something then stored .after that when I remove pen drive from computer and then attached then store file is hidden and size is also taken .
what can I do plz................................................................................ help me
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 18, 2011 at 02:27 AM
Hello,

Try this:

1. click start>>run>>type in "cmd"

2. type the location of your pendrive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..

3. type "dir /ah"
You will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes
4. type "attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h"
*Iif you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"
*Iif you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"
"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"

5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..

6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there..

Good Luck
Thanx Bionik for helping me too,i am getting back all my hidden files except one of my files that contain two words i.e. "Happy Day", whenever I type "attrib Happy Day -r -a -s -h" it says parameter is incorrect. Is there any other command for this where a single folder contain two words..pliz help
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 19, 2012 at 09:19 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> Run --> Type control folders and press Enter.
"Folder Options" window will be opened. Click on "View" tab --> Select the option
"Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the check box "Hide protected
operating system files" and click on OK. Now look for your files.
Good Luck
Hello, thank you very much for helping me this far...now I can see all my hidden files partially visible...but still when I right click my hidden files and then goes to properties, the hidden box which is tick, can't be changed to unhidden, it just stays hidden permanently...plz help
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 22, 2012 at 03:12 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) First remove the autorun.inf file.
Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/
Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your pendrive now.
This will remove the autorun.inf files from drives and plug your handy drive to remove the autorun.inf file from it also.
[Note : Make sure Dot Net Framework is installed in your PC.
OR
Click on the below link and download the Dot Net Framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en]
2) Copy the folder into one of your drive and check if you can remove the hidden option. If the problem still exists then create a new folder (Example: Test) and copy the contents which are there in the infected folder to the new folder "Test".
Good Luck
yep, thank you very much...i copied those files containing from those infected folders to a new folder and all my problem is solved..thank you very2 much for your help...
not working your solution
plz...................................................give me other solution ..................plz?????????????????????????????