Airtel braodband connection not working

preci - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM
 Achari - Nov 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Hello,
I took a Airtel broadband connection couple of days back. The router settings and the network connections(IP address) have been set. The LAN icon shows that its connected but when I try to open a website it says "Page cannot be displayed" this happens in IE and Firefox. The service people could not figure out what is wrong. I'm using Laptop Compaq nx6320. The router and the phone connections are working fine. could there be a problem in the hardware? I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me.
Related:

1 response

melodiefree Posts 16 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 3
Jan 20, 2009 at 03:41 AM
hi,

Step1)
Make sure all the lights are Green in Modem. If not, then re-connect all the wires and also the wire that connects to USB or LAN.

If they are already Green then there is a problem in your Modem connection and if not then there is problem with your wires or ISP.

Step2)
if all the lights are Green on Modem and still you are not able to access Internet, open Internet Browser and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter

A Window will pop up and enter the following :

Username = user
Password = password

DSL Router will open and you have to make some changes on the Modem settings.

Step3)
In the left sidebar click on WAN and a new page will open.

click EDIT and click Next until you get to click on SAVE and then click on Save/Reboot.

When you click on Save/Reboot your Modem will restart and wait until all lights on Modem are Green. Now restart your PC and you will be able to access Internet.
hi if not there are possibility if there is no proper IP address assigned for LAN connection it might say connected but the status of IPV4 might be limited/local access only or unidentified network.

If this is the case we have to assign IP address manually