Problem with gateway netbook

Closed
angel_198463 - Apr 18, 2011 at 06:10 PM
 angel_198463 - Apr 20, 2011 at 03:38 PM
Hello,
I have a gateway netbook, my display settings were stuck on 800x600 pixels. Okay so for some dumb reason I went in under display properties and then clicked advanced then clicked under adapter then proerties and the under the device usage it was on enable and I clicked disable and ever since that the gateway logo will come up and so will the windows xp logo but then it just goes to a blank screen I can hear things poping up on my desktop but can't see anything... tried using alt and f10 button and clicked cancel instead of next and now it will not work. I cant go in using safe mode or anything can anyone please help??

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 18, 2011 at 07:19 PM
You will do this blindly:

Restart your PC, logon and wait for the black screen to appear

1) Make Ctrl + Alt + Del: nothing appears on screen, yet the task manager was opened. We'll have to do the rest in the dark, and this is where we thank the keyboard shortcuts) (to be safe, you can do the same operation on another pc to side to see what it does)

2) Make Alt + F: it opens the File menu of Task Manager, but we still see nothing

3) To Enter: it opens the "Create a new job, " but we still see nothing

4) Type "cmd" then "Enter "

5) Then restart your pc It rebooted normally, and all is well.
okay i done this on my other computer and when i hit alt f it brings up new task run then i hit enter then it says create new task then if i type in cmd and hit enter it brings up a black screen which says c:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe then it has a blinkin cursor after c:\documents and settings\leslie>and its blinking so then what?
Anonymous User
Apr 19, 2011 at 08:16 AM
Ok, now, try to do this manipulation on gateway netbook and tell me what you have.
nothin it didnt work