Trouble loading page in firefox and IE

Closed
rob - Jan 20, 2009 at 03:16 PM
 krealt - Aug 3, 2010 at 09:28 AM
Hello,
I have xp and for the last 6 months or so ive been having trouble loading (facebook, myspace, youtube, and some other websites) the pages load with the text everywhere but no pictures or anything like that will show. its really annoying. this happens in firefox 3.0.3 and the IE. if anybody has a solution help please

4 responses

Hi there,
I am also having huge trouble loading the like pages you mentioned. I believe it started after immunizng with spybot but can't be certain. I've tried running a different profile and deleting all sorts of stuff to no avail.

You could try running firefox in safe mode to isolate add ons and stuff and see if it still hangs. If it does you can then try a new profile and see if it hangs. These are the things I've tried but as mentioned still no luck. Somehow the browsers must be blocking ebay and other like sites.
Helllppppppppp Pleeeaaaasssseee.
I have had this same problem for about a week now an can't
find any answers
I am having the same problem. I first noticed the issue about 10 days ago with Facebook. Now, the issue has increased to include most of my saved favorites. Some pages do load with no issue...Yahoo, yahoo mail, MSNbc. And, when I Google a topic and click on the search result link, those pages won't load. I'm running XP, and have McAfee running routine scans, and am currently running a malwarebytes scan to see if that helps. I installed firefox, and am having the same problem. I'm fairly certain this is a virus of some type, because my laptop (on the same wireless network) is behaving the same way. Any ideas?
Cure for failure to load facebook pages from IE8. Download: http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/ and once installed bring up IE8 and go to your facebook page. Then click on Page, then Compatability View Settings and then click on Add. Facebook will now load in Compatability View and should be visable.
royalwchzz > Swashbuckler
Oct 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM
You mentioned "Then click on Page, then Compatability View Settings and then click on Add." But I cannot find the "Page" button anywhere on FB. Can you give a little more details. Thanks.
misty38 > royalwchzz
Nov 20, 2009 at 07:12 PM
The page and compatability and view settings he refers to is on your internet explorer, right side on the bar next to home printer,page, safety, tools. click page and open and do the rest that is stated
PS. If you can't access the download directly, go to Microsofts windows update site and look for: Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows XP (KB971930). That's the file you need to allow for a compatability view list.
Try unblocking pop up windows under: Tools Options.
same with me also forget the connection