Ask a question Report

Recover hidden data from external hard disk [Solved/Closed]

Aman - Latest answer on Oct 31, 2012 03:54PM
Hello,
Hello,
I have so many movies, files, folders & musics in my external hard disk . Due to some virus or something i don't know when i opened the external hard disk i can't see some folders inside it, but if i wrote at the top at the search bar the folder name or the movie name which are in inside the hard disk i can find the folder . So please if you can tell me what is the problem .
Read more 
Answer
+44
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1.

May be the files are in hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your external hard drive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your external hard drive letter.

Now press "Enter".

Now check for your files in external hard drive.

Good Luck.

Naderater- May 18, 2011 07:06AM
THANK YOU!!! This was exactly what I needed... dang virus hid all the files on the external drive but I knew they were there because of the space allocation.
Lucky- Oct 20, 2012 03:11PM
I have tried your dos command but my it retained unreadable FILE0000.CHK more than 10 thousand am worried i might have corrupted my files further any solution for this
jm- Oct 23, 2012 11:37AM
thanks yar
xola- Oct 24, 2012 09:18PM
thanks man u save me
taspats76- Oct 31, 2012 03:54PM
you the man,thanks
Answer
+8
moins plus
Perhaps, your files have been changed into hidden mode. You can do the following steps to show them again:

Start=> Run=>Enter "control folders" in the blank and click "Ok"=>Choose "View" on the appearing "Folder Options" interface=> Select "show hidden files and folders".

This document entitled « Recover hidden data from external hard disk » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.