No audio on my computer compaq R3000

Solved/Closed
Beni - May 16, 2011 at 02:36 PM
 Beni - May 21, 2011 at 03:57 PM
Hello,

I have upgrated my OS on my laptop(compaq R3000) from XP to Windows 7 and since than no audio, "device cannot start code 10" I have tried so many things but no luck.
If somebady found solution please answer to me .

1 response

Anonymous User
May 16, 2011 at 04:21 PM
Hi, follow these instructions and let me know:

1) Download SP29586.exe from the link below:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp29501-30000/sp29586.exe

2) Run it, Create a directory c:\ swsetup

3) Once all the Files are extracted DO NOT INSTALL

4) Now Goto the Start Menu Click on Devices and Printers, the Click on the Name you have called your machine this will be marked will a yellow triangle as the sound driver windows 7 has install already is a realtek ac 97 which is not working,

5) Once your Machinename you will see a general tab and and hardware tab select the hardware tab.

6) Look for the Realtek ac 97 under the Device functions, select that and click properties,

7) Now tab to the Driver, now click update driver,

8) Select the option let me pick from a list of devices drivers, now click have disk

9) Click on Browse select the following location Swsetup\SP29586\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP and click on smwdmCH6.inf

10)Now the Soundmax Driver should come up select ok and next. Now your Sound will work

Thanks thanks thanks a lot I have sound now if you can help me now how to fix microphone because is not working
thanks again bionik
Anonymous User
May 18, 2011 at 04:30 AM
Hi Beni,

For your microphone issue, Go to start/contol panel/sounds and audio properties/audio/sound recording/volume and uncheck the mute and let me know if the problem persists.
Sory for replaying late, microphone is not muted, in audio sound recording is not that option to uncheck the mute, all listed in recording tab(windows 7) like microphone;line in and the rest are unavailable just to let you know that my laptop does not have integrated microphone so I'm using external microphone wich works with desktop computer. Thanks.