Stuck on the Windows 'Welcome' screen

Closed
Ally32 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2011 - May 22, 2011 at 03:45 AM
Ahmedckan Posts 5 Registration date Saturday January 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2016 - Mar 18, 2016 at 03:49 PM
Hi there.
Yesterday, I switched on my laptop and straight away, it said that it wanted to run a disk check. I went along with this. But nothing happened. So I turned it off and this time, I pressed F8 and selected Repair Your Computer. So I lt it do what I wanted to do. Then it said it needed to restart in order to see if the things it had done had worked. So it restarted and it was stuck on the Windows 'Welcome' screen. Any help would be great!
It's currently switched off, so I'm attempting to try it out again. I've heard that it's something to do with drivers.
Also, would it work if I purchased Windows 7...? I have Windows Vista at the moment and a Dell Inspiron..

Please help! The laptop it self is about2-3 years old.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 23, 2011 at 06:03 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your laptop, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select "Safe Mode".

3) Click on Start --> In search box, type --> msconfig and press Enter.

"System Configuration Utility" will be opened.

Click on the "Startup" tab --> Click on the button "Disable all"

4) Now click on "Services" tab --> Check the checkbox "Hide All Microsoft Services"

--> Now click on "Disable All" --> Click on "OK" button and restart your PC.

5) Log into your window normally and if a window appears regarding the changes

that you have made, check the checkbox "Don't show this message or launch the

System Configuration Utility when Windows start" and click on OK.

If you have successfully started your windows normally then follow the step 3

and enable your startup items one by one and restarting your laptop.

Good Luck
This worked for our custom made, gaming desktop. Thanks!

However, it stills freezes when restarting. We'll need to look into this further. But at least this helped us move on.
Nice post. I was almost Reinstalling windows but it workrd great.
Ahmedckan Posts 5 Registration date Saturday January 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2016
Mar 18, 2016 at 03:49 PM
hiw