HP pavillion not turning on.

Closed
HPproblems Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2011 - May 27, 2011 at 02:23 PM
 Anonymous User - May 27, 2011 at 04:00 PM
Hello,

Hello,
I own a HP pavillion laptop and i've been expercing some issues with it today.
I was on responding to an email when my screen went completely black. Seeing as my computer was still powdered on, i attempted alt+crtl+delete to see if i could power it down normally. After awhile of it not working i lost my patience and took out the battery.
Now, battery back in place, my laptop won't turn back on. However, if it is plugged in when i hit the power button, the power light at the bottom (the little lighting bolt one) lights up three times, and then nothing else happens.

Why is this happening, and how do i resolve this issue?

Any help is much needed, thank you.
Related:

4 responses

Anonymous User
May 27, 2011 at 02:38 PM
Hello,

Try this:

1) Disconnect the AC power adapter --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Now reconnect the AC power adapter and try to

switch ON the laptop. Later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck
HPproblems Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2011
May 27, 2011 at 02:49 PM
I've been trying the hard reset for awhile now, but to no avail.
Thank you for the link aswell, but none of the situations seemed to fit my problem.
Does anyone else have any ideas as to what it could be or a way to resolve it?

Thank you
Anonymous User
May 27, 2011 at 03:06 PM
This sound like motherbord issue, I suggest to get the laptop repaired by a qualified technician.
HPproblems Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 27, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2011
May 27, 2011 at 03:15 PM
I've read about this issue everywhere with this model, and it's a little disappoiting on HP's part.
Sadly, the laptop is out of warranty, so would it be cheaper to have it repaired or just buy another, non-hp laptop?

Thanks again
Anonymous User
May 27, 2011 at 04:00 PM
That's your choice, if you feel you have resources to repair and that the problem does not recur, it would be better to repair it but if you think it will be better to buy another one, do it, but once again, the choice is yours.

Best Regards