Recover hidden files on my pendrive

Solved/Closed
dan - Jun 6, 2011 at 06:59 PM
 Sreejesh - Oct 15, 2013 at 02:16 AM
Hello,

I use a Mac computer to design files and convert them to PDF , then I take them to a PC, LapTop using a flash drive, where I send them via email...I made the mistake of inserting the flash drive at a friends computer came back to my LapTop and all the files had a small arrow pointing upwards (link) but the files couldn't open,but they are there becasue I can find them using serch.
but the problem is not only that...The problem is that I can't open the files on my mac anymore. It has a little icon with the letters PC and a lock(padlock).

desperate help, help

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 6, 2011 at 09:07 PM
It looks like you picked up a virus:

f you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the

following steps.

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your pendrive now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your pendrive and also from the drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your pendrive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.

Press Enter

Now check for your files in Pen Drive.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.
Venkatraman Subramaniyam
Jul 2, 2011 at 06:36 AM
thank u sir it really works nice !
very good..thanks a lot..