Help! no pop up display for fn keys

Solved/Closed
pu3hadj - Jun 8, 2011 at 06:51 AM
 me - Jan 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Hello,

i have an acer one d255e with windows 7 starter.. my problem is when I use my fn key I no longer see the pop up display like it used to. ex. like when I press fn+arrow up, the speaker pop up display doesn't appear..

i've been searching for a solution to this problem and nothing works.. I hope someone can help me..
thank you so much for your time and help!
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jun 8, 2011 at 01:39 PM
Greetings,

Do like I tell you and your problem will be solved in one minute ;-)

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Click on Netbook --> Aspire One --> AOD255E

Select "Windows 7 Starter x32" on "Operating System" and go to the "Application" tab. Download the "Launch Manager" driver and install it.

You should have the volume and brightness pop up when you adjust it.

Waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards!
hi!
thank u so much for responding.. I've already downloaded the launch manager but the problem is I don't know how to install it. I did right click and the only option given is open and aside from that im not really techie so im sorry for asking but, which one is for installation? (when I open the file).
i hope you could assist me.. thank you so much for your help!
have a nice day! ;)
G ;)
Anonymous User
Jun 9, 2011 at 05:25 PM
Hi,

Go to the Launch Manager folder and look for Setup.exe, double-click and let it install the software.

Let me know!
ty very much Sir! cheers
I also could solve my problem with your advice. thank you so much
kanchan86 Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 24, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2012
Dec 24, 2012 at 03:03 PM
hi I tried downloading the launch manager , when I open the setup and try launchin git , it shows error for .dll commands ....
i did an erecovery management on my Aspire V3551G .. AS I was not able to see my gadgets on desktop after I uninstalled Mcafee.....

After reloading to factory settings , he gadgets came, all working fine.. and today I noticed that my display icon for increasing volume with funtion key isnt showing nor the volume s increasing... please help and suggest