Dell Latitude D610 stopped powering on.

Solved/Closed
Daniel - Jun 12, 2011 at 03:43 PM
 Gordo - Feb 18, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude 610 with a curious problem. It suddenly stopped working and does not power on anymore. When I plug in my power supply, the power supply light on the power adapter turns on, but whern I plug it into thye labtop, the light on the adpater goes off and stays off and my computer won't turn on. Is my problem with the adpater or with my laptop?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Daniel
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jun 12, 2011 at 03:56 PM
Hello,

Try this:

1) Disconnect the AC power adapter --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Now reconnect the AC power adapter and try to

switch ON the laptop. Later put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
hello bionic I had the exact same problem and did what you recommended to Daniel and viola thank-you very much god bless you and your family.
I'm not a member of this site yet. I just did a search to figure out my power up problem and tried Bionik's fix. It worked great on my D600. On my PC the little Led's on the little lock symbols, on the top of the keyboard and also the power button led would flicker 6 or so times, but never power up. It has powered up 3 times in a row with Bionik's fix. Must be a capacitor that needed to be bled of or something weard like that.
Works for now. I'll see how long it lasts. Buy the way, My battery won't ever charge, so I just keep my PC plugged in all the time. Thanks to Bionik